In a workshop far away, elves work night and day to bring us the latest toys and gadgets. In his office, Father Christmas has a problem....
"I've run out of ideas!!!"
Can we help Father Christmas?
Makers of Blackpool Raspberry Jam... Father Christmas needs your help to design the latest toy / must have gadget!
You need to design and build a new toy for Father Christmas at Blackpool Raspberry Jam
Makers! Let's Invent:Advent and save Christmas!!
Parents / Guardians
This is a project called Invent:Advent, that I (Les) started this year to help children to invent and explore what they can achieve for very little money.
The basic rules of the project are
- You can spend no more than £10 on parts and they must come from a Poundshop (Poundland, Poundworld, or less than £1 for bits and pieces from B&Ms / Home Bargains)
- Children are free to take the project in any direction they wish (arts, crafts, electronics, computing, sewing, knitting etc)
- Blackpool Raspberry Jam will provide tools and equipment on the day, so there is no need to worry about bringing screwdrivers / cellotape etc. But if you have a specific piece of equipment that you need for the day, bring it with you.
- Children are encouraged to work together.
- There will be prizes!!
On the day we shall also be taking lots of pics which we shall share on Twitter via the invent:advent hashtag. (Parent/Guardian consent will be asked before doing so)
Will there be food?
Les has had a word with Father Christmas, and there will be...
PIZZA and pop!!!
So what do we need to do?
- Have a word with the children and ask them to come up with some ideas and write them down.
- Pop to the Pound Shop and pick up some bits, remember don't spend too much!
- Get your free ticket for the Christmas Raspberry Jam!
Start writing your ideas down and help Father Christmas to create the latest gadget / toy invention!